The 37th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2024) will be held on 6-10 May 2024 in Seoul, Korea. NOMS 2024 will feature several Workshops to explore selected in-depth research topics.
IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2024 invites proposals for one-day or half-day workshops, which will be held before or immediately after the main NOMS 2024 technical program. The purpose of NOMS 2024 Workshops will be to provide a forum for researchers, practitioners, and user communities interested in selected advanced, emerging, and possibly even controversial topics that are related or adjacent to NOMS 2024 and its main conference theme, "Towards intelligent, reliable, and sustainable network and service management". Example of topics addressed by NOMS workshops in the past include Analytics for Network and Service Management, Blockchain Network Management, Network Digital Twins, Autonomous Network Management in 5G and Beyond, Internet-of-Things Management, and Management for Industry 4.0. Other topics will be of course considered as well.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Each workshop proposal must include:
- Title of the Workshop
- Names, addresses, and a short (200 words) bio of the Workshop organizers
- A brief description (1 page) of the technical issues addressed by the workshop. State reasons why the Workshop would be attractive to the NOMS 2024 audience.
- Proposed Technical Program Committee (TPC) and/or Organizing Committee (OC).
- Likely contributors and targeted audience.
- Planned format of the Workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively discussions.
- If applicable, a description of past editions of the Workshop, including statistics of submitted/accepted papers and attendee numbers. If the Workshop does not have past editions, please provide estimates and explain a strategy on how to reach the targets of paper submissions and attendees.
- Publicity and advertising plan to attract paper submissions and attendees.
- A draft of 1-page "Call for Papers (CFP)" including title, description, topics and important dates.
- The Workshop website address, if applicable.
Submission of workshop proposals should be made by email to the Workshop Co-chairs of NOMS 2024 (firstname.lastname@example.org). When submitting a proposal, please put "NOMS 2024 Workshop Proposal" in the subject line. We also encourage you to reach out to the Workshop Co-chairs should you have any questions.
- Workshop proposal submission: 13 October 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 27 October 2023
Tentative Schedule for Accepted Workshops
- Paper submission: 19 January 2024
- Paper acceptance: 1 March 2024
- Camera ready: March 15 2024
(Precise dates will be coordinated across workshops)
To provide the best possible experience for conference attendees, NOMS 2024 is aiming to be a presence event. To be included in the proceedings and submitted for publication in IEEE Xplore, it is expected that papers which are accepted must be presented in person at the workshop.
Workshop Program Co-Chairs
- Alexander Clemm, Futurewei, USA
- Paulo Simoes, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Noriaki Kamiyama, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- Ya-Ju Yu, National University of Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Yoonhee Kim, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea