This Call for Papers is also available in PDF version.
The Doctoral Symposium is a concentrated half-day event that will be held during IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2024, which will be held 6-10 May 2024 in Seoul, South Korea. In it, Ph.D. students present their ongoing research interests/plans/results to a panel of researchers in the field and receive specific constructive feedback, including opportunities to meet with mentors one-on-one.
We encourage students to submit research description papers that clearly motivate, discuss, and summarize their Ph.D. research. Accepted papers (four pages maximum) will be published in the conference proceedings and be included in the online IEEE/IFIP NOMS conference proceedings and archived in the IEEExplore digital library once presented by the Ph.D. students during the conference.
Eligibility and Topics
Ideal candidates will be in the early or mid stages of their PhD and should have a solid idea of their direction and topic, but should also have room for improvement. The Doctoral Symposium welcomes applicants from a broad range of disciplines including Management of 6G Networks and Network 2030, Management of Smart Vertical Systems in the Industry 4.0 Era, Artificial Intelligence techniques for Network and Service Management, Management of Softwarized Networks, Software-Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, Service Function Chaining, VR, Cyber Security & Cyber Resiliency, Service and application management, and related fields.
To apply to the Doctoral Symposium, please submit the following two documents through JEMS3 at https://jems3.sbc.org.br/noms_doctoral_symposium2024:
- Research description paper of 4 pages in length including references, using the IEEE 2-column format. The manuscript must clearly motivate, discuss, and summarize the proposed Ph.D. research, describe how the adopted approach fits into and advances research in related fields, and report on your progress. You may additionally focus on a more specific area of the research if desired. In the concluding section, you should identify 2 questions/areas for improvement that you would like to discuss during the session.
- A one-page Curriculum Vitae.
- Paper Submission Deadline: Jan. 12, 2024
- Notification of Acceptance: Feb. 16, 2024
- Final Camera Ready: Mar. 1, 2024
Doctoral Symposium Co-Chairs
- Maria Torres Vega, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Mauro Tortonesi, University of Ferrara, Italy